Re: Re: Trouble with Amano Shrimp - please reply

> Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:28:42 -0500
> From: "Alex R." <pcalex at yahoo_com>
> Subject: Re: Trouble with Amano Shrimp - please reply
>
> I have found some more dead shrimp. I think almost half of them died by
now.
> I've also seen a couple of shells. It seems like they might be dying right
> after molting. My calcium is about 50 ppm, so I don't think there is a
> problem with them being able to regrow new shells. Also, there are 6
shrimp
> that won't leave one corner of my tank. It's not an area of particularly
> heavy water flow and there doesn't seem to be more of anything to the
shrimp
> would be interested to eat.
>
> Please reply ASAP. Thank you.
> __
> Alex R.
> pcalex at yahoo_com

Yamato numa-ebi or Amano Shrimp are very sensitive to water condition or
change.
Your biggest mistaken was to dumped them in without the slow process of
letting them get used to your tank water. At this stage if they are still
grouped in one corner meant they are likely to go too. Unless they are very
strong prior to shipping to you.
Well, don't know if it would help now, you might like to do a 50% water
change.
I did manage to save some long time back when I too simply dump them into
the tank.
Good luck!
KC