Bark in Potting soil

    Thanks June for sharing your experience with your many soil substrate
tanks- I really enjoy hearing about those kind of tanks.

    I'm curious, are you using store-bought potting soil?  In my area, the
main ingredient of all the brands that I've found seems to be fairly big
pieces of composted bark or wood ( the labels say something like 'composted
forest products'), which doesn't seem like it would be a very good for
underwater use, or for readily supplying nutrients.  Maybe I'm mistaken about
that.  Has anyone had good results with that type of potting soil?

    Thanks,

    Zach K