Re: Re: Growing Emersed

>>I've heard the same is true of Anubias as well -- as soon as they start to
grow out of the water, they take off growing.  I've exprimented with this a
few times, but failed every time!  As soona s the leavesare lifted out of
the water, no matter how much is left underwater, they wilt and die back.
The whole plant, if not submerged completely, soon follows. . . . Anyone
have any tips on moving from Submerged to Emersed -- for anubias, java fern,
or any other plant. . . . ?<<

The "trick" is to keep the plant wet and in humid air if possible. Its dry,
warm air that kills the plant. I had some Anubias growing emmersed under a
water fountain, outside. And they did fine, as long as they didnt get dry.
This was in California where there is practically no humidity. Indoors you
can use a mister, or have the plants in a sealed container...

Robert Paul H
http://www.aquabotanic.com
If you have any announcements, club events, organizational events, WEB site
announcements, new products or whatever, please email me the information to
be included in my weekly newsletter...over 730 hobbyists, (nobody was
spammed!) two or three paragraphs, press release format would be great.