Brass check valves

A few weeks back there was discussion re: plastic check valves and how CO2
effects them. Recommendations at the time were to go with brass check
valves. After numerous inquiries at LFS and being informed that they were
not made anymore one of the local managers informed me they had heard that a
supplier was going to start making the brass valves again. When I stopped in
yesterday she escorted me to the display rack where she had half a dozen
brass check valves. They are being marketed by PENN PLAX and carry a catalog
number of CVB-1. If you can't find them have your LFS order them. Price I
paid was $2.99 which is about double the cost of plastic ones but should
last a lot longer. HTH
Joe