aga-member at thekrib_com

The different colors in Flourite gravel look just leek the color
variations on red clay bricks that are "flashed" when kiln dried.  From
what I remember reading of Flourite, it is a "specially fracted stable
porous clay gravel."  I believe it has also been described by the maker
as calcined, although I can't track down the quote.  Its shape,
texture, and hardness all suggest that it is a crushed baked clay
product.

SH