How fast does Riccia produces visible O2?

I was just wondering if Riccia can determine whether CO2 level is sufficient
or not under optimal lighting. My lighting is 72 watts compact flourescent,
about 10 cm above water level, and my Riccia is about 20 cm below water
level. However, they took about 2-3 hours to have visible O2 bubbles and my
CO2 setup is a DIY yeast-sugar solution placed directly in the water. I do
not  wish to buy a CO2 test kit if there's any but I want to know if CO2 is
sufficient in my tank. I wish to know how fast those keeping submersed
Riccia had bubbles upon 1st light. Thanks.