Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1117

> From: "Guillermo Gonzalez" <grgonzalezb at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Curled Leaves
>
> Hey All,
> Was wondering if someone could help diagnose what would cause
> curling of leaves on swordplants? My Red rubin sword is turning out some
> funny pinkish leaves (old ones) that are curling.  The new leaves are very
> narrow and small.  Nitrate levels are about 7 mg/l, and I do feed, so I have
> ruled out phosphorus and Nitrogen deficiencys.  Am I mistaken?  Could It be
> Potassium?
> Thanks,
> WILL G.
> Austin, TX.

Ca deficiency is the most common but it could be a number of immobile
nutrients(think micro nutrients or perhaps S but unlikely). If yoiu have
hard water it's not Ca or S, try adding more/enough traces in your water
after a water change. Swords grow fast and use lots of traces too.
Regards,
Tom Barr