Re: Water exchange system

I'm not sure I understand the connections described here, but I just
thought I would point that, if the household water supply is directly
(permanently) connected to a potential source of contamination, a
vacuum breaker must be installed to comply with building codes in most
places.  The reason for the code is to protect public health.

Drinking aquarium water is anathema to most.