Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1099

Dear Diana:
   In my youth I kept a MetaFrame for 15 years. After 4 years the "tar"
sealant gave out. I scraped the inside clean with a razor blade and then
used clear silicon (which I shaped with my finger and wiped off with a paper
towel) to create a seal on the inside. The seal lasted for as long as I kept
the tank and the water pressure against the metal frame meant I did not have
to take the glass apart. At around 15 years the tar crumbled and I was too
lazy to scrape the glass clean and reseal with silicon (and the lure of much
larger tanks had taken over :). As long as the glass or slate is not broken
you have no real problems at all. Just make a water tight seal and the frame
will take care of the weight.
Michael