Re: Pond Suggestions

Hi Manuel

DO NOT CONNECT THE TANK'S USING SIPHON TUBES.  It seems like such a good
idea, but it can only cause problems, especially if you depend on those
siphon tubes for anything.  I made the mistake of using two ten gallon tanks
connected by two rigid U-Tubes as a sump.  Water fell into one, siphoned
into the other, and was returned to the tank.  I can't tell you how many
times I overfilled the first tank when, for no apparent reason, one or both
siphon tubes stopped.  Out of doors, I can think of a million reasons to
block them off.  Everything from a wind storm to a leaf.  Connecting them
this way is just asking for trouble, sooner or later.  Your best bet would
be to put them near each other, get an overflow box for each one, and plumb
them into a fourth tank.  Use a return pump with three forks to return
water.  Notice that I said one return pump with three forks -- NOT three
pumps. :)  Check out any pet shop in your area that uses a "system" for
their tanks, and you'll get a good idea.

Joshua