Re: How Much does CO2 Cost?

Depends on the price of CO2 where you are. Here in mid-south USA, it's about
$8 every 6 months on my 45gal (to refill my 5 lb. CO2 cylinder). UK may have
weird "global warming" taxes or some such that make it higher. ;) Seriously,
numerous factors such as injection efficiency, amount of plants, amount of
light, etc, will affect your CO2 needs, but generally you'll probably use
about 5lbs of CO2 every 6 or 8 months on your 160L aquarium. Call your local
gas supplier and see what it costs to fill a 5lb cylinder, then divide by 6
or 8.

Dan Dixon