Asian Trumpet Snails

HELP!!

I have a 90 gallon tank with a beautiful growth of Echinodorus on the
bottom.  Some time ago I noticed Malaysian Trumpet Snails had made an
appearance.   I read that they are good for circulation in the substrate and
eat algae, so I didn't pay attention to them.. Now it appears that things
are getting out of hand.  Jsut before the lights go out, An ARMY of
Malaysian trumpet snails start to crawl up the sides of the tank, and all
over the plants.

 I have been trying to pick them out by hand, but its no use.  Is ther any
way to keep their numbers to an acceptable minimum?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Zaccone