Amano Shrimp vs. Java Moss

I just got a dozen amano shrimps from AZ Gardens to join my algae eating
team. The problem is, they seem to have a powerful fondness for java moss;
they've already stripped one clump nearly bare and seem to be enjoying this
to the exclusion of everything else. If they eat my rather plentiful hair
algae with the same gusto they do java moss, I'll have that problem licked
in a matter of days; unfortunately it looks as though they're not going to
do that until they either polish off the java moss or I remove it entirely.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?