Another fresh tip was RE:MY WORST NIGHTMARE JUST CAME TRUE!!!

You can also just use water and not worry about what 409 might do to your
fish/plants.  As long as you keep your finger moist the caulk/silicone will
not stick to it.

Or should I say:
"It is my personal experience, and I have also heard of other people using
this method with success so I feel that it must be true -- while utter
truth is impossible to attain in our relative world this passes all the
logical tests I can devise to render it as much of a truth as I can discern
-- that if your finger(or spreading tool) is kept moist with a proper
amount of Hydrogen Dioxide it will, in all cases which I have experienced,
and other instances which I have heard about, fail to adhere to your
epidermal layer.  But, having the frailities and limitations of a mere
human,  I could be wrong and you should consult all the proper authorities
before trying such a dangerous task.  Proper permits and paperwork should
also be filed with the proper authorites.  I do not except any liability
for any actions taken on the advice of me, based on things I have actually
done and/or from things I have merely read about."
Does that cover it?
Oh, I am not a lawyer.

J Smith
"Geesh!"