Re: plant ID help

Hello, I am looking for some help ID-ing a plant.   I bought a potted
bunch of Glossostigma elatinoides and planted it in a little
tupperware dish with sand.  About a week ago I noticed incredibly
small floating plants in the bowl!  They look like VERY small, dark
green ants floating in the water.  The plants are made up of two
oval segments connected at the ends.  The topsides are raised and
rounded.  These plants, when next to a duckweed plant, make the
duckweed plant look huge.  I've had Wolfia and these are smaller
than that.  They are the less than 2 mm long and about a third as
wide.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks, Ray