Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1069

* Yes, eventually loaches and other snail eating fish will usually kill ALL
the snails.
* Young clown loaches (<6") need company. 5-6 is a good number. A single
clown loach is likely to 'fail to thrive' and die shortly.

One of my tanks is overrun by Malaysian trumpet snails. They're so thick
that at night they account for more than 50% of the area of the front glass.
The other evening I put a piece of cantaloupe into the tank. A few hours
later, after lights out, it was totally covered with MTS. I netted out the
cantaloupe, rinsed what must have been hundreds of MTS into a bucket, and
poured them all into my Tanganyika (snail eating) synodontis tank.

You could try the same approach to removing excess snails.

Dinyar

> Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 08:57:01 EDT
> From: Harneloot at aol_com
> Subject: crypt and snail questions