re: bleaching for hair algae

I don't think it matters if you kill most hair algae
before its introduction.  If your tank conditions
aren't right, it just won't grow.  This applies to BBA
too.  Am I the only one who thinks this?

In my experience, the ones to beware of are beard
algae and staghorn.  If your tank conditions aren't
fine tuned yet, they can get a foothold and are very
difficult to get rid of even with proper tank
management later on.

I've had practically every kind of algae there is at
one point or another (no green water), but now only a
small bit of green spot grows.  It just can't compete
with healthy plants.  Comments?

Cavan, in Pittsburgh