Fwd: IMPORTANT! -Virus

To all who read the message below:  this virus warning is possibly a hoax.

The file they mention is used to resolve long file names in Windows.  From
what I understand, it should be in your Windows folder but no where else on
your system.  Sometimes it is used as a carrier for a virus.  The following
are excerpts from two messages from the technology guy who runs the
computers at my kids' school.  Follow the links to check it out and judge
for yourself.

This is a hoax.  If you have deleted this file do not worry it can be
restored.  The file you may have deleted restores long file names.  Seldom
used in Windows.  This could have been worse if you followed directions to
delete very important system files.  Check out sites such as
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html to determine if it is a hoax are
a virus at http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/vinfodb.html

E****** read this.  This is  most undoubtedly a hoax.
We fell for it.
You might  forward this to all you sent the warning to.
<below this message was a copy of the Symantec web page covering the
sulfnbk.exe warning which I obviously cannot post here as it is html>

Of course it is always better to be safe rather than sorry.  Happy surfing!

Charles

BTW - Thanks again to all of you who have helped me so much!  I look forward
to November.