Re: Amano is speaking at AGA

Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 14:14:18 -0700
From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
Subject: Re: Amano is speaking at AGA
> Tom,
> did I hear a rumor that you are also a speaker ?
> Jim.
True but I'm small potatoes:) <snip>

Scottie, we need more CO2!  I've got my calendar marked.  (Nov 9-11th)  I
think having Tom on the venue is a really good excuse for those that might
just be starting out to make the trip too.  Although for years I've kept
many fish tanks that have KISS plants in them, listening to all of the
speakers last year finally convinced me to start one with lots of light and
CO2.  So far, no major problems so I must have learned a thing or two.  I'm
still having trouble with my vision :-) from David Lass/Kim Bryant's(A H
Supply) demonstration on lighting.  I bought the lights, so it must have
been convincing!  Like most conventions, the talk after the talks was also
informative.  I'm planning on bringing as many plants as possible for the
auction and a lot of others for trade.  Hope those attending will bring some
too.  I would expect with a name speaker like Amano there will be a lot of
people attending.  Hope that the organizers are planning for a much larger
crowd.  So Tom, what is the title of your talk?  Algae that I have known and
loved/defeated?  Confessions of a rock-water plant keeper?  Getting high
with CO2 :-)  ??  Just know Tom, that if you advocate breathing into a
plastic oven bag to collect CO2 for your planted tanks there are a dozen of
us that will hurt you badly!!  If it's anything like last year make sure you
get there in time for the Friday  evening banquet!

Gary Lange
gwlange at mindspring_com