RE: Barclaya longifoliaflowers

> Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:21:54 EDT
> From: Dgrim62 at cs_com
> Subject: Barclaya longifoliaflowers
>
> Hi all,
> I have a B. longifolia that has 6 flower stalks either starting or just
> starting to open up. Do seeds or bulbs come from these? Can I get any new
> plants from these, or should I just watch and enjoy them?
> Regards,
> Dave

I don't ever remember seeing flowers from mine.  They would always send up a
supposed flower, then the flower bulb would burst open after a few days,
revealing seeds all over the place.  You can get new plants from these, but
I always cut the flower stalks off when they started to shoot up because
they leave a small mess after they've 'exploded'.