Eheim and Cannister Filter Questions

Good Day,

I'm thinking about purchasing an Eheim Professinal II model 2026.  I have a few questions.  First, is there a way to backflush this cannister filter?  Is it easier to use than the older Eheim's?

This next question probably applies to all cannister filters but is there a possibility that in a power outage the water could drain back down the tubing and onto the floor?  Won't the water drain out of the tank until the bottom of the inflow is reached.

Please tell me I'm wrong about that but I'm worried about Brown Out's and my new carpet.

Thanks,

Danny

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!