how to undigestify under Windows/Unix?

As the result of an early message of mine, I've had several people
write and ask if there's a Windows email client that can 'undigestify'
email digests. I don't know Windows email clients, so I thought I'd
ask the group - is there such a beast?

On Unix/Linux systems it's fairly easy - first set things up to use
procmail as your delivery agent, then compile/install the formail
filter (I can't remember - does it come with procmail?), then add
something like the following to your .procmailrc file:

:0:
* ^TOAquatic-Plants
|sed '/------------------------------/d'|formail +1 -i "Reply-to: aquatic-plants @actwin.com" -ds >>aquatic-plants

There might be a better way to do this with procmail, but this works
for me. With this installed, all of the APD messages get delivered to
the mailbox 'aquatic-plants' (i.e. whatever you specify above) as
*individual* messages.  Occasionally it mungs one of them, but by and
large it works well. (It is interesting to note that because I
included the procmail script above, this message *will* get mangled!)

Note that all of this is done totally independent of whatever email
client you're using to actually read the mailbox (I use mutt). If I
hit reply to one of APD messages with mutt, I have the choice to reply
to the list or to the individual. Nice.

Contact me if you have any questions.

dan
--
Dan Resler                            email: dresler at vcu_edu
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences