Re: check valve for CO2 (was Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1026)

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 16:01:09 EDT
> From: TD7894 at aol_com
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1026
>
> Hello, this maybe a useless post but, regarding the C02 fatality, I use a
> check valve on my DIY bottle.  Am I wrong in thinking that this will prevent
> a back flow into the tank?  Thanks in advance, Teresa.

Yes. You are wrong.

Anything that would stop the flow into the tank would block the CO2 equally.
A check valve could only keep the tank from draining into your CO2
generator.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679  huntley1 at home_com

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and
thus clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series
of hobglobins, all of them imaginary." -- H.L. Mencken

               http://environmental.networkroom.com/