Re: Amano Gallery

#7 was easily my favorite in the current gallery.  For some reason, when I
looked at that picture I saw images of Africa.  I think that's the sort of
response that Amano want's to invoke.

I don't know how well that scene will adapt to a smaller tank.  The
background looks to me like Cyperus helferi and Crypt. retrospiralis (v.
balansae?). Those plants can both get fairly large and if they start
laying out on the surface too much, then the effect is lost.

#7 also seems fairly unique among the pictures I've seen of Amano's tanks.
I don't recall seeing elsewhere the use of a simple planar curtain of
plants to form a background.

Roger Miller