Re: Seachem Flourish Excel????

I'm using Excel in my 10 gallon tank on the desk here where I don't have
room for even a small DIY CO2 bottle. The tank is doing quite well. I get a
bit of spot algae on the glass that scrapes off easily and some of the lower
leaves of my A. nana have some dark green algae, but otherwise there is
nothing and the plants all grow quite nicely. Not tankbusters, but in a 10
gallon, I don't want that anyway. This tank is actually doing better than
the 55, which has this nasty fuzzy stuff I can't seem to keep ahead of. The
55 has 2 DIY CO2 bottles on it. Other than that, the routine is pretty much
the same: weekly 20% or so water changes with tap (well water), the 10 has 2
20w screw in type compact fluorescent bulbs over it, and gets the Excel plus
liquid fertilizer at each water change.

Plants include: A. nana, Java moss, a small sword, rotala, and various
crypts
Fish: 1 Betta splendens, 2 White Cloud Mtn minnows, 1 molly, 1 SAE.
Last tests: pH 7.6, KH 5, NO2, NO3, Ammonia all at 0.
You can see it at: http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/fish  and follow the link
for the 10 gallon tank.

All in all, I've been happy with the Excel in this tank.

-Mak
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak/

I'm not a complete idiot- several parts are missing.

It's funny how the earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it
to.
        -Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Teacher's Pet"