Re:CO2 fatality

Did you by chance test for CO2 level?
Following is a question that has been on my mind re; gelatin in CO2 mixes
and is not intended as suggestion for cause of Bev's fish loss.
I am no microbiologist, but remember running cultures in lab on Agar agar
which is not unlike jello. I have wondered what the chance of inadvertently
culturing something toxic in gelatin CO2 mixes? If that did happen, what
might the risk to fish/people be?
June