Re: Metal nuts in the tank

You probably don't need to worry about it if you can't find the nuts. The
other suggestion was a good one though -- try a magnet. Maybe one of the
magnets you can get at a hardware store with a hook (or on of the really
powerful rectangular magnets) hung from a string so that you can lower it
between plant groups. Chances are the nuts will pull through mulm and such
if you use a powerful enough magnet.

I had a pushpin and a small zinc-coated (galvanized) screw in one of my
tanks for a few years before I found it while "rebuilding" the tank. Never
noticed any problems while the metal parts were in there. I guess you won't
need to worry about a zinc deficiancy with all that hardware in there ;-)

         -Bill