Metal nuts in the tank

While replacing a fan, I managed to drop two #6 nuts into the tank.
This tank is full of plants, 2 feet deep, and has a sand and fine
soil substrate.  The nuts are gone.  I'll never find them.

These were regular hardware item bright finish nuts, probably some
kind of steel with a zinc coating.  How worried should I be about
metal toxicity?  Is there anything I can add to the tank to make it
safer?

To make matters worse, in a few days I am leaving for a week and a
half, so if things go south there won't be anybody to take emergency
action.

Thanks,
Rod