Re: Loving your BGA to Death

On Fri, 11 May 2001, John Phillips wrote:

> By the time dinner was finished,
> you could see the BGA disappearing from the tank!  I feel like the hero in
> a bad scifi movie after slaying The Blob!

Such quick action makes me a bit suspicious of what is in the Ephiphytes
Delight.  I found long ago that BGA was very sensitive to copper.  Perhaps
you managed to dose your tank with lethal levels of copper or some other
toxic metal?  If so then be cautious.  Too much copper will kill the fish
as well as the bga.  In a planted tank it may also kill the plants.

Roger Miller