we have a dry heat.

Regards
Paul G

[[[[[[[[Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 22:02:53 EDT
From: Wubba2u at aol_com
Subject: low heat lighting options

I am wondering what type of lighting has the lowest output of heat. For the
last few weeks, and probably through most of the summer, the room with the
10
gal in it gets very warm, and we have a hard time keeping the water temp
below 80. Do flourescent lights put out enough heat to raise the temp of the
water in this small of a tank? The tank currently has plants only at one
end,
which is lit with an incandescent light that is about 8-10 inches away.
However, we noticed that the temp of the water went up even when the light
was off.
I would be interested in hearing others' opinions/experience in this area.
Thanks,
  Teresa in SoCal]]]]]]]