Crypt seedlings

List,

The Crypt gasseri I recently acquired from Robert Paul came compete with 3
"fruit" (i.e., seed pods) attached to one plant. These fruit are slowly
beginning to divide into sections and open.

This particular plant I potted in a Tuface/Flourite substrate and it's
growing emerged along with many other potted plants in a covered, community
tank that uses heated, circulating water to keeps the air temp in the F 80
range. The water level in this tank is about 3-4 inches or just to the level
of the substrate in each pot. The tank is lit by a couple of homemade
raingutter hood/strips that each have two 60 W(?) Philip's screw in
fluorescence bulbs within. These are the lightbulb shaped ones touted as
energy efficient replacements for the incandescent bulbs normally used in
table lamps, etc. These bulbs are supposedly the equivalent of 120 W each.
Right.

What I need to know is how to insure that these as yet unopened seed pods or
fruit produce seeds that actually germinate and then how to care for the
little sprouts. I cannot seem to locate much in the way of literature or
usable information on this subject in English. For instance:

1. Does one wait for the pods to actually drop their seeds or should I maybe
pluck them off beforehand and plant them manually? How delicate are the
little seeds, or sprouts?

2. What substrate should I use for germination and at what point, if any, do
I transplant them into larger, individual containers. I wish to grow the
seedlings into plants in an emerged state within individual pots or
containers.

2. What light, temperature and humidity levels should I use?

3. What experiences have others had in this regard and does anybody have any
tips they can pass along?

If anyone like ... oh, say Tom Barr for instance, knows where more
information on this subject can be located I would greatly, greatly
appreciate it.

Thanking you all in advance for your patience and help I remain,

Sincerely,

Bob Olesen
West Palm Beach