Java fern...emersed growth?

I've been checking out this picture I found on the Tropica site:
http://www.tropica.com/images/lava260.JPG  I'm trying to figure out if the
plants grown in this picture were grown emersed as they appear to be, or
were they grown submersed and the water drained to display the plants for
photography?  Has anyone got pictures of Javafern growing in the wild?  Is
it a typically emersed plant in the wild that is only periodically submersed?

Are there any official Tropica people out there who can give a definative
answer?

PlantGuild Co2 Reactor:
http://floridadriftwood.com/substratefertilizernutrients.html