Plants under 8"/20 cm tall

Please may I pick your brains?  My little 7 gal (an AG mini bow) is
overwhelmed by two swords that have busted out.  I am moving the swords to
my 50 gal.  But I need some thing to replace them with.  The foreground is
already full of e. tenellus and a. barteri var. nana.  What I need are
plants for the background that will grow about 8"/20 cm tall (cause that's
the height of the water column). Your ideas will be much appreciated.