Re: Cories eating anubias seeds

Also, I have a Marineland Eclipse tank and I would like to quit using
the Marineland filters, because I don't like using carbon with my tanks.
Has anyone ever come up with a homemade alternative? I've tried just
using polyester batting but it slows the flow too much and the water
overflows and bypasses the batting.
Any ideas?
TIA,
Neal De Pape

I use Penguin 125s on my 10 gallon tanks. I take a new filter and cut a
slit along the top and shake the carbon out of it. When flow slows I
rinse and scrub the filter with a toothbrush and put it back in. I can
use one almost indefinitely.

Should also work for those lying down Eclipse filters I would think.