Re: Lead Weights - Do I Really Need to Worry?

The subject of lead weights has been discussed before, and the consensus was
don't use them, as the lead will leach into the water.  I missed the
discussions and was using ONE (1) in a 20 gallon tank to hold a tube onto
the filter inlet. My small fish (tetras, neons and cardinals) were slowly
beginning to disease and die. After removing it and changing water, no more
fish loss except the ones that were too far gone. Combination of acidic
water and lead is a problem.