Re: Lobelia cardinalis

    Jeff , the L. cardinalis you have in the garden will grow in your tank
with enough light and CO2, but probably isn't the stuff with "nickel sized
leaves " you are thinking of.  I expect you are thinking of "dwarf lobelia"
which is the same species but a different variety with a very different
growth habit submersed.  I have some garden variety cardinal flower in my
tank now and don't especially like it.  It grows too big before it looks good.
    I have been looking for the dwarf stuff myself for some time now (not too
hard) and haven't seen it.  I have heard someone mention that it is hard to
find.
    HTH,
    Pierre in Maryland