crypt retrospiralis or balansae overgrown?

I was wondering how to correctly id which plant I've got here. It was in a
green water tank with high light, and wound up growing unnoticed about 2
feet long. I don't like the leaves trailing on the surface, and pulled it
out of this tank in the meantime, to go into a 55 gallon tank. I was
thinking I'd pull the long leaves off, leaving the shorter leaves on and
replant them, but there aren't any. The leaves actually grow off the end of
a long petiole, which is why they are this long, and look quite
unattractive.

Once the plant has hit this point, what do you do with it? Or would someone
be interested in 2-foot long crypts?

Sylvia