Re: Otos vs. CAE

Okay, I'll admit my deplorable ignorance.... I thought Otos and CAEs were the
same thing.  After you sent this, I did try to find the difference out on the
Krib web site, but it was not responding today.  Is there another site that
folks can recommend so I can learn the difference?  And a site where I can
learn how to tell a real SAE?  I *think* I have three Chinese algae eaters,
or otos..... arghghhh!  I'm so confused!
Catherine

<<  Yes, this *does* bear repeating -- I don't know exactly what you mean.
Are
 > you saying that otos damage other fish?  This is something I have never
 > heard, please elaborate.  Thanks, Catherine
 > << t probably doesn't need repeating, but they, and any other fish that
sleeps
 >  at night, cannot survive long in any tank containing a Chinese Algae (sic)
 >  Eater (aka Asiatic Scale Sucker).

 How did Otos get into this discussion? I certainly didn't mention them. I
 was talking about CAEs (*Gyrinocheilus aymonieri*), a notoriously vicious
 and misnamed "algae" eater.