RE: Why do SAE's die so easly

Hi Dave.  I have had my 50-gal planted tank running for about a year now.  I
started out with 3 SAEs that were quite small.  Unfortunately, one jumped
out before I got a glass tank cover and it was dead before I discovered it.
The other two are still going strong -- big, fat, and seemingly very
healthy.

What's your schedule for water changes?  What are you feeding?  I have found
that there's not any visible algae in my tank any more (I also have a few
Amano shrimp), but the SAEs also eat regular fish food, especially the
Hikari sinking tablets or algae wafers.

Gitte