Re:Hard water and Green water

> Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:04:36 -0500
> From: "Rod Hanks" <rodchanks at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Green water and soft water?
>
> There has been a lot about green water lately.  Several of the
> people have mentioned that their water is very soft.
>
> Houston water is very hard, and I have no personal experience
> with green water.  I don't think this is due to my fantastic
> management skills.
>
> Has anyone experienced green water problems in hard water?
>
> Thanks,
> Rod

It seems quite independent of hardness. I would say algae and plants are
independent pretty much in aquariums. CO2 level is the issue more so than
hardness. I can get it and my water is very hard. Soft water gets it about
the same degree. I've never had it in any of my home tanks(unless induced
purposely) but see it elsewhere often.
Regards,
Tom Barr