Collecting water lilies

Ed :

Just a suggestion ....when collecting water lilies you might use a sharp
knife
to cut through the rhyzome,clean the roots off in the water you
collected it from, dry off the cut portion, then use dusting sulphur
to seal off the cut edge. This will help prevent it from rotting, and as
sulphur is very acidic it will seal off the cut end.  I would suggest
that you put  it in a pot first then in your pond. It worked with my
water lilies and spatterdock.
YMMV but it can't hurt, let me know how it turns out.

                        Leo

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler'