Can't kill this greenwater ! HELP :)

If you can get your hands on a diatomaceous earth filter, such as the Vortex
Diatom D-1, it should clear up your greenwater algae very quickly.  I
borrowed one from the local LFS, the first time, but was so pleased with the
results that I bought my own.  I've never had a greenwater attack since, but
I use the filter occasionally to clear out any suspended matter and, as they
say, "polish" the water to crystal clarity.

John T. Fitch
E-mail: JTFitch at FitchFamily_com
Web Page: www.fitchfamily.com

> Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:44:47 +0800
> From: "J. Hammond" <geohammo at iinet_net.au>
> Subject: Can't kill this greenwater ! HELP :)
>
> Ok I have blanked out the tank for 2 weeks with a heavy black blanket and
> checked and the tank had cleared significantly but was still not crystal
> clear.  I changed 70% of the water and installed my new lights (180W of
> fluro over a 50gal tank) and in a few days the tank and gone liek peas
soup
> again ! what should I do ?
<snip>