Re: Background plants

Tomoko wrote:

"I am looking for tall plants ... I would like to add a dark green backdrop
for
good contrast.  I thought about a shorter variety of
Vals and Cryptocoryne balansae.  I prefer something
that does not get really tall that I have to constantly
cut the tips off."

It may take some effort to locate them, but echinodorus uruguayensis (one of
the sword plants)  might fit your needs. Mine are only a couple of weeks in
the tank, but they promise to be a very nice background plant. A ruffle
sword, e. marti, may also work, but it is light green.

Tom