new member

Hi,  I am a new member of your list and have looked over some FAQ already,
but I still have some questions.

I have a 55 regular and 220 watts of light power.  Now I know from the FAQ
section that I exceed my light wattage for the tank size, how ever I am
wondering if there is some kind of filter out there that would allow me to
block out the amount of light that my low to medium light plants can get?

I have Anubias Barteri, Cryptocoryne, Glossostigma, Hygrophila Corymbosa,
Pearl Grass, Limnophilla aromatica, Micranthemum, Rotala rotundifolia, and
Ludwigia repens.  The lights are on for 10 hours a day right now, they are
T-8x2 with an Icecape balance.   CO2 from a tank at 1 1/2 bps.

The tank has been going for about a year and a half.  The lights are new
however, about 3 months old.   The plants have been looking like they are
getting burnt out.  Kind of yellow around the edges.  I assume this is from
over lighting, but I am not positive about that.  It just started to get
that way after the light change.  Some other plans are doing very well
though.

My other question is the fish tank contest......will there be another?  I
sure did like those tanks.  There are some very talented people out there.
I would like to see some web sites of our members also.  Is there a
directory of member web sites?

Well enough rambling for now, thanks for any help you can give me.

Dave Berryman