Royal panaque

Sorry bad news, you've gone "from the frying pan to the fire", with that
Royal Panaque. My Amazons, Crypts, Java fern and most amazingly my Anubias
were severely scored by the rasping of "Spike" my Royal pleco. After the
leaves were rasped, decomposition set in, first as brown spots and then as
holes. When I realized he was causing the damage, he was moved to my friends
55 gal. non-planted tank (Spike's very happy there).

My Royal cleaned better than a "sand blaster". He even scrapped the model
name printing off of power heads. Royal panaque are able to scrap acrylic
tanks so severely that you can not see through the sides.

Great fish, fun to watch, but definitely capable of damage to plants and
anything, softer than glass, that they want to chew on.

Al (who visits Spike at least once a week and feeds him his favorite food,
canned green beans)