Set-up for planted tank

Hi,

    I'm starting in the planted tank hobby. Here's my set-up and would
appreciate comment on it;

38 gals. tank
Wet-dry with rio 2100 for pump return
Two return (One to middle of tank and one to bottom)
3" of florite as bottom substrate
Four Triton 30 watts. (Timer on at 12:00 and out a 22:00)
Water change 20 liters twice a week. R/O Water with Seachem Equilibrium to
get a GH of 3.
PH 6.2
KH 1.0
GH 3.0

I am using the Sears and Collins pmdd formula and adding 3ml/day.

1 Tbsp (~9g) Chelated Trace Element Mix (7% Fe, 1.3% B, 2% Mn, 0.06% Mo,
0.4% Zn, 0.1% Cu, EDTA, DTPA)
2 Tsp (~14g) K2SO4 (potassium sulfate)
2Tsp (~6g) KNO3 (potassium nitrate)
2.5 Tbsp (~33g) MgSO4.7H2O (fully hydrated magnesium sulfate, aka epsom
salts; omit if already present in trace element mix)
300mL distilled H2O

The problem that I've got is plant are not really groing good and algae is
taking over.

Thanks
Richard.
laflammer at pctech_qc.ca