Re: Aquatic Re: Uninvited Guests

I hate snails too and got ramshorns in with my plants.  Instead of
unleashing loaches into my 200, which I'll never be able to catch until they
die I decided to go with these little dwarf puffers that are now showing up
at the better LFS.  They supposedly are not fin nippers and during the first
few hours probably ended up being the nippee as my rainbows wanted to see if
they tasted good.  My friend has them and said that they just suck the
snails right out of their shells, which is good because some of the snails
are bigger than the fish.  They're probably only 1/2 of an inch right now
and aren't supposed to get much bigger.  Supposedly there was a TFH article
last year on breeding these little guys so perhaps they will prove both
functional and interesting.

Gary Lange
gwlange at mindspring_com

.