Re: website

Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:43:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Laurel Merrell

> Hi. I've put a few pictures of my tanks on-line. I'm having
> trouble getting the color green to look correct in the photos.
> Can someone take a look, maybe you'll know how to
> correct the colors?
> Thanks, Laurel
> http://students.washington.edu/merrell/aquaria.htm

In order to give any meaningful input, you'd have to say which medium you're
using - digital or analog. Camera? Lighting? Film type?

One thing I _can_ say: it takes _far too long_ for the start page to load,
especially considering it contains only two small pictures. This problem is
easily eliminated by reducing the photo's file size to that appropriate for
display. Keeping the file sizes at almost a half-Meg each means downloading
a full Mb before the page can be displayed - an 8 minute wait with my 56K.

Try resampling them to the display size, then compressing them by about
60-70% on the JPG - should get very good quality at about 30-50K or so each
for a much quicker load...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com