Potassium Chloride source

I know this was mentioned once on the newsgroup, but I've had some time to
verify and would like to point out, for people trying to find Potassium
Sulfate, there is an easy to find alternative.

Potassium sulfate is not sold in all States of the Union because soil
conditions in some states are not compatible (or it is just wasteful)with
it. Potassium Chloride is a perfectly acceptable substitute and can be found
anywhere. Home Depot sells Potassium Chloride tablets next to the water
softener salt, it is a H2O softener salt substitute. Morton is one brand,
Natural Way is another. These Potassium Chloride substitutes are also
available in most grocery stores that sell H2O softener salt. $5-7 buys a
20-40 lb. bag, a lifetime supply.

These H2O salt substitutes are very pure, usually 99.8% ( far purer than any
agricultural grade). I have been using Natural Way, Potassium Chloride on 3
of my 4 planted tanks and it is working just fine, no problems with the
flora or fauna.

I hope this helps anyone tearing their hair out looking for PMDD
ingredients.

Al