Air Injection

Hello Well there's something I've been wondering about. I'm pretty sure most
people will be amused but here's my question anyway: What's in the air? More
specifically if I used an air pump to pump air bubbles into a Co2 reactor what
gases would be dissolved? Why if there's enough Co2 in the air for terrestial
plants would there not be enough for aquatic plants from air pump bubbles
dissolved in a reactor in an aquarium?
Maybe someone out there can stop laughing for a second and explain why it won't
work :-)

Damian in Australia